Hey everyone, I have been battling with kali to install an Epson wireless all-in-one printer, there are alot of forums and threads on how to do it, but not one i found has worked. SO i tried using the kali forum and got the printer to at least be acknowledged, but there were not the correct drivers for it. Listed below is what I did to get it working...
#apt-get install cups
#service cups start
#service apache2 start
in iceweasel open 127.0.0.1:163 and type in user name and password to find your printer on the cups website. I found mine no problem, but the correct model # drivers werent there, so i selected any for now set the printer up with the incorrect drivers. Make all the selections and the site says printer installed at the end.
back in the terminal...
#apt-get install printer-driver-escpr
this got the correct drivers for my printer, i opened iceweasel back up and logged back onto the cups website(127.0.0.1:631) and edited my printer, and the correct drivers were now located in the drop down menu, i selected them and updated the info, now i have wireless printing.

This is the first thing i have corrected by myself, baby steps! ha ha. Hope someone else finds this useful and doesnt pull out as much hair as i have today!!!