So I've managed to install a full Kali distro+tools before on my Rpi 3 with no issues by burning the latest image on my SD card and using kali-linux-full. But because something went terribly wrong the other day I had to re-install.

So again I burnt the image to a 16 gb class 10 SD.

Then expanded my partition and then using:
Code:
apt-get install kali-linux-full
It runs fine at first but then stops at:

Code:
Unpacking adwaita-icon-theme (3.20-2) over (3.18.0-2)

(which I believe is something to do with GNOME Icons)

To the it either tells me it fails after 10 mins of being stuck with:
Code:
error ensuring '/var/lib/dpkg/reassemble.deb doesn't exist: read-only file 
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/python-html2_2016.4.2-1_all.deb (unpack)  

Plus a load others which I couldn't grab. Same kinda stuff though, library errors. 

and then 

dpkg: too many errors stopping 

dpkg: unable to create new file '/var/lib/dpkg/status-new': read only file system 
E:sub process usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code
E:problem executing scripts dpkg:post-invoke '[!-x /usr/share/kali-menu/update-kali-menu]  /usr/share/kali-menu/update-kali-menu wait_dpkg'
E:sub process returned an error code

It locks up if I try anything else, to the point where I can't close terminal or shut down the RPi 3 properly.
If I reboot and try again it tells me to run
Code:
dpkg -- configure -a
Which completes (sometimes).

I can now run
Code:
 apt-get install kali-linux-full
But it has the same behaviour.

So guessing I had fried the SD by turning the power off due to it locking up sometimes I did a complete format of the SD card with a re-install of the Kali OS. Same behaviour, no change. I did find this though. Which points to a bug when using:

apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade

My linux is a basic so forgive me linux wizards! But I am dying here!

I really want to update the whole OS with all of Kali's super awsome tools etc but is there a way I skip or fix this shite?

My understanding is that this issue is being caused by some crappy icons on the desktop/apps and general GUI of Kali which I'm really not fussed about!

Could anyone direct me to a Rpi 3 image with a clean and full install of Kali+linux

or

tell me how to skip out certain packages?

Any help would be appreciated, I've done a fair bit of research but it's not coming up with much. What's more frustrating is I installed Kali and all of its super-awesome tools just a couple of weeks ago and it worked perfectly! First try!

-NS

NS