Hello everyone. Thank you for reading my post.

Would you guys recommend a dual boot setup with Windows 8.1 pro alongside Kali Linux on a single hard drive?

I've been using Linux for about 6 months now. Started with Ubuntu, moved on to Antergos, and now I'm going to try my hand in Kali. I had setup Antergos to dual boot with Windows XP because there were some things I could not do in Linux, such as troubleshoot my media keys, or update my BIOS. Other than that I don't really use the Windows side of my hard drive.

Now with this new setup, I also want to upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro, because Windows XP is not supported by Microsoft. That's 3.6 GB I have to download at 300KB/s. So, with that in mind, I want to be sure it's worth it. Are there advantages of having two OS's? I went with Windows 8.1 instead of 10 because my computer is not the newest (Dell Studio 1737), so I want something that isn't too demanding. So, is a dual boot something that is worth it? Are there advantages of having this sort of setup? My computer is for personal use only, but it is definitely more of a passion than a hobby. Thank you again for your help. Here are my hard drive specs:

Code:
=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Device Model:     ST320LT020-9YG142
Serial Number:    W04276P1
LU WWN Device Id: 5 000c50 044a476e3
Firmware Version: 0001HPM1
User Capacity:    320,072,933,376 bytes [320 GB]
Sector Sizes:     512 bytes logical, 4096 bytes physical
Rotation Rate:    5400 rpm
Device is:        Not in smartctl database [for details use: -P showall]
ATA Version is:   ATA8-ACS T13/1699-D revision 4
SATA Version is:  SATA 2.6, 3.0 Gb/s
Local Time is:    Wed May 18 08:53:08 2016 UTC
SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
SMART support is: Enabled