Thread: Kali Crashing After Startup (After Nvidia Driver Install)

Kali Crashing After Startup (After Nvidia Driver Install)

Hey my system seems to be crashing like 2 or 3 minutes after I startup and login. It works perfectly and I can use the system but then always after a couple minutes the screen goes black and it goes back into the boot screen with all the text. I just installed a fresh copy of kali on my desktop and the last thing I installed before this problem started happening was I installed the correct Nvidia Driver for the gtx 980 graphics card on my computer. The install went flawlessly and when I rebooted the graphics were configured properly, but then this started happening and I have no idea what to do. It seems like it tries to force a restart or something while I'm in the middle of using the computer and then goes into the boot screen, getting stuck there indefinitely untill I power off and start up again. Any help would be much appreciated as nothing I try seems to be working. I will be checking this frequently and will respond within minutes to work with someone on how to possibly solve this.
    Here is an image of the screen it goes into:

bootscreen.jpg
    Last edited by DocLobsta; 2016-05-29 at 19:06.

Well I guess I'll wipe the drive and reinstall kali yet again, it looks like it's shaping up to be a scary kernel problem. I saw one other post with a similar issue but there were 0 replies so I'm guessing this is a rare problem

I submitted a report to the Offensive Security team about this possibly being an internal error in Kali, some kind of incompatibility with nvidia drivers because I reinstalled kali fresh and this garbage is still happening. Nothing I'm doing is working, this is so frustrating ):