I have made a fresh Kali Live USB, however, after booting, it freezes indefinitely. If i hurry, i can manage to bring up Terminal, but if i move or click the mouse, or try to do anything outside Terminal...freeze, and have to hard reset.

I read that this may be a usb autosuspend issue that occurs on desktops. so I ran the command:
"cat /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/autosuspend"
as specified, to determine if it was set. The result was "2", and the tutorial informed me to change this to "-1" in etc/default/grub if this was the case.

However, upon searching, I have no etc/default/grub file to edit.

In fact, it appears I have no grub file at all. How this is possible idk. When I do "update-grub", file is not found. I used
"apt-get install --reinstall grub"
and some other commands I found through various searches to reinstall grub, but none of these changed anything...they installed the packages and such, but I still had no /etc/default/grub file, and still could not run "update-grub".

What do I do??? I've spent countless hours reading through fixes and such with no avail.

Is there a way to turn off autosuspend BEFORE boot? and if it works, and lets me be able to click my mouse more than once, how do I make the change permanent if I don't have the file to edit?

sidenote: when I made a Kali Live LITE USB, I did not have this problem. So would it be easier to make a Kail LITE, and then upgrade it to full? And how would I do this?