Thread: Kali linux application menu shows "Activities"

Kali linux application menu shows "Activities"

My problem stemmed from updating my system through the GUI package manager. After running apt-get update&&apt-get upgrade successfully, I needed to go to the GUI package manager to update the ones I couldnt do from the terminal. Half way through, my internet goofed and I reset the system. Once booted, I found out that the menu was missing, but I went ahead to complete the GUI package updates... thinking that it will solve the problem...to no avail. I was advised to rm -rf two directories (1) ~/.local/share/applications and (2) ~/.config/menus. I couldn`t locate the ~/.config/menus directory but I removed the other one. Still couldnt solve the problem. Uploaded is a screenshot of the desktop. I am running kali linux rolling edition on a 64-bit machine. screenshot.jpg

hi, try this , i used and repair for my

apt-get install gnome-core kali-defaults kali-root-login desktop-base

add removed application icon in kali

Quote Originally Posted by SEMAJ View Post
    My problem stemmed from updating my system through the GUI package manager. After running apt-get update&&apt-get upgrade successfully, I needed to go to the GUI package manager to update the ones I couldnt do from the terminal. Half way through, my internet goofed and I reset the system. Once booted, I found out that the menu was missing, but I went ahead to complete the GUI package updates... thinking that it will solve the problem...to no avail. I was advised to rm -rf two directories (1) ~/.local/share/applications and (2) ~/.config/menus. I couldn`t locate the ~/.config/menus directory but I removed the other one. Still couldnt solve the problem. Uploaded is a screenshot of the desktop. I am running kali linux rolling edition on a 64-bit machine. screenshot.jpg
    just do one thing go to tweaks --> navigate to extensions--->the on the application menu ---> simply logout now it's done