Thread: Dual Boot Kali Linux on Mac Problem..

Dual Boot Kali Linux on Mac Problem..

Hey all,

I am trying to set up a dual boot with Kali Linux/OSx on a late 2008 aluminum macbook. I set up a bootable Kali USB, installed rEFInd, and followed the directions on this page... http://docs.kali.org/installation/ka...n-mac-hardware

I got everything set up and booted into Kali Linux (live) to resize the OSX hard drive partition. Everything seemed to work fine (Kali booted up and I resized the partition sucessfully). When I restarted to install Linux on the hard-drive however, I select the bootable drive in rEFInd (like I did the first time) and it just gives me a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner. It doesn't take me into the Kali Live/install screen any more.

It worked once (I was running Kali off the USB drive and resized the partition) but now it won't work again?!? I tried reformating the USB drive and remaking the bootable Kali drive the same way I did the first time but it just does the same thing.

Anyone know what I can do to get this installed?

Well, I solved the problem... sort of. I made a bootable DVD and got it installed that way with no problems. So weird though that the bootable USB worked once and then never again haha. Oh well.