Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Wificards that capture handshakes on new KAli linux.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    2014-Jul
    Posts
    13

    Wificards that capture handshakes on new KAli linux.

    Please tell me about Wificards which capture handshakes on new KAli linux because mine AWUS036NEH and TP-LINK TL-WN722N doesnt.

    So i can go and buy third one and hope thats the last one and live happily ever after

  2. #2
    Join Date
    2013-Sep
    Posts
    264
    I don't know about AWUS036NEH but TPLink wn722n does.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    2016-Apr
    Posts
    100
    I've got the AWUS051NH v.2 and all I had to do was plug and play.

    Forgot to mention it's 5G also.
    Last edited by P373; 2016-06-05 at 15:30. Reason: Forgot to mention

  4. #4
    Join Date
    2014-Jul
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by kcdtv View Post
    I don't know about AWUS036NEH but TPLink wn722n does.
    Mine doesn't because......

    Code:
    Hi there,
    
    I want to buy the TP-LINK TL-WN722N for using with Backtrack5 or Kali, but the problem is that they put different chipsets for the same model, and I want the one with the AR9271 chipset  because I hear it's compatible with BT5 and Kali.
    
    So, How could I tell the chipset number from the hardware version number for that specific model ? or what hardware version of that model that is fully compatible with BT5 or Kali ?
    And mine seems like got that other kind of chip-set because wont change from Tx power 20 to any other...... and only way to do such thing is to patch its kernel driver and firmware using raspberry-pi which i don't know.

    Code:
    https://befinitiv.wordpress.com/2015/02/22/finding-the-right-wifi-dongle-and-patching-its-kernel-driver-and-firmware/

    Are there any other wireless adapters that capture handshakes on new KAli linux ?
    Last edited by Thehellfiresarehottt; 2016-06-06 at 23:11.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    2014-Jul
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by P373 View Post
    I've got the AWUS051NH v.2 and all I had to do was plug and play.

    Forgot to mention it's 5G also.

    So it does capture handshakes on new KAli linux ?
    Last edited by Thehellfiresarehottt; 2016-06-06 at 23:16.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    2016-Apr
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Thehellfiresarehottt View Post
    So it does capture handshakes on new KAli linux ?
    Yes it does. And the drivers come pre-installed on Kali.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    2016-Jun
    Posts
    4

    AWUS036NEH (Chipset RT3070)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thehellfiresarehottt View Post
    Please tell me about Wificards which capture handshakes on new KAli linux because mine AWUS036NEH and TP-LINK TL-WN722N doesnt.

    So i can go and buy third one and hope thats the last one and live happily ever after
    The AWUS036NEH really seems to present a problem for everybody using it on Kali. I'm wondering if you can see the connected clients to the AP ? Because if it doesn't detect any client, that's the reason you can't capture the handshake...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    2014-Jul
    Posts
    13
    what kind of chipset does your AWUS051NH v.2 have?
    And from where did you both it ?

    Was searching online and there are 2 kind of AWUS051NH. 2 different boxes as well.

    first one



    2



    There is ALFA AWUS051NH v2 white box (which has an upgraded Ralink 3572 chipset). The stocks on the older revision of adapter are depleted (It was launched in 2009).

    It is a revision of the earlier model 051NH which came in a black box and had Ralink 2770F chip instead. Which itself was a revision of 050NH v1 and 050NH v2.


    What kind of chip set do you have? Is it a V - for version 2?

    white box v2 more expensive.

    black box v1 less expensive.

    gray box v3 not yet out but probably gonna make it in the future.That one is gonna be more expensive of them all Its gonna have red adapter 2 antenas and laser beams on the backside and its gonna glow in the dark.waterproof surrounded with kewler(bulletproof).
    Last edited by Thehellfiresarehottt; 2016-08-02 at 15:33. Reason: because it can

  9. #9
    Join Date
    2013-Sep
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Thehellfiresarehottt
    And mine seems like got that other kind of chip-set because wont change from Tx power 20 to any other....
    Hi!
    Maximum txpower for tp-link wn722n is 20dBm so you will not be able to do more with this card
    It is not a high power model.
    For that you would need something like AWUS036HNA which also have the ar9271 chipset and can produce more than 20dBm (and costs twice or more)
    If you have any doubt about your chipset just type lsusub and you will know your chipset for sure.
    As far as I know there is only on kind of chipset used for the WN422G and WN722N and it is the ar9271 (Atheros)
    Right now wikidevi is down but you can check that out there too : https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WN722N
    You say that your device "cannot capture an handshake".
    Any device that can be put in monitor mode is able to capture an handshake passively, even if it does not support packet injection.
    Now you have to get the conditions (distance - quality - successful desauthentication) to make that happens and it can be tricky with some access points - clients
    But if you can open airodump-ng using bssid filter and channel filter (if you don't use them for sure it doesn't work well) than your device is able to capture an handshake.
    RT3070 (AWUS036NEH0) uses rt2800usb driver (as the RT3572 from version 2 of AWUS051NH) and it brings full support to aircrack-ng suite.
    So bothes of your device are able to capture an handshake.
    If you don't get the results you expect I recommend you to stop buying USB cards and to get a god antenna,
    The antenna changes more the panorama than to buy a new dongle with a slightly better sensibilty
    I have both RT3070 and RT3572 and it is pretty much the same to audit in 2.4 Ghz frequencies,.
    The real difference is that with rt3572 you can audit in 5Ghz frequencies which is pretty cool
    Otherwise... yeah, RT3572 might be a bit better with 2.4 Ghz networks but you can tel it is the same "family" of chipsets and won't see a big difference

    WN722n + a 16-20 dBi yagi antenna (costs you around 30 buck) is a pretty cheap and nice combo for less than 50 bucks.

Similar Threads

  1. Kali Linux 2.0 Fern Wifi Cracker Wpa Handshakes
    By Help in forum TroubleShooting Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2015-08-23, 19:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •