Thread: Porting Nethunter

Porting Nethunter

I have a few questions regarding porting the Nethunter to another non supported device.
    I am not looking for someone to do it for me, but rather explanation of things so that I can learn to do it which is asking more . I hope someone could explain some things for me.

I have been able to figure out 2 steps on my own, after that I have no idea what to do.

1. Get kernel source of my phone
    2. Follow this guide to modify the kernel of the phone https://github.com/offensive-securit...ing-the-Kernel

After I have the new kernel, what then? There is this page https://github.com/offensive-securit...ller/README.md but I am extremely lost here.

Can I somehow use build.py to make a package with my new modified kernel in it?

English is not my main language so I hope you could understand my questions.

Have you modified the kernel to meet all the Kali NetHunter requirements and then compiled it? If you have the zImage file ready you can just go ahead and use build.py to build your own .zip installation file. Follow this link:

Code:
    https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter/blob/master/nethunter-installer/README.md#how-to-add-a-newunsupported-device

Not really. I'm trying to modify the kernel with the menuconfig and trying to follow this guide, but when I try to enable something I get "this feature depends on another which has been configured as a module" error. After hours of enabling and disabling stuff I still get the same message. Also some of the features in the menu have different names are completely missing, is this supposed to happen?

Btw, as you can see I am quite a newb and I am trying to do something way above my level, but I've learned so much trying to do this and I will see this trough

No it's not supposed to happen. The guide is really straightforward though, I don't know how we can help you further...

I wanted to port Nethunter for my i9300 (CM13). So I downloaded the whole source (also kernel) Using this guide right here.. Then also following this guide to build the kernel only from the source.

I downloaded the toolchain with the link provided (Well, I took 4.8 instead of 4.7 from the guide) and compiled the image and flashed the kernel on my device. It works fine.

Now when I cd to "/android/system/kernel/samsung/smdk4412" and do
    Code:
    make menuconfig
    I got the module thingy error. I solved it by doing
    Code:
    make cyanogenmod_i9300_defconfig
    command from the kernel tree before doing "make menuconfig"

Next step is trying to get the HID patch working