Thread: Nexus 5X drain battery + hid attacks dont work

Nexus 5X drain battery + hid attacks dont work

Hello there.
    So i bought my nexus 5x and rooted it. i crafted the .zip file from the offsec's github for my phone. Every step of the installation worked like a charm. Although i am not sure how it works.
    It aint just an app, it is the whole kali behind it cause of the vnc and the interactive shell. I have the problem that it works on the background and drains my battery.
    I type force stop but at some point it starts again and there goes the battery....Anyway i can stop that?? if i cant stop it i am considering removing it but since it aint just an app,
    if i delete it, will it delete the kali on the background?
    Plus many stuff dont work for me like hid attacks. It says it starts the attack but nothing happens...
    anyone with nexus 5x with similar experience? or just similar experience with other phones?
    thx

Quote Originally Posted by thantserpelis View Post
    Hello there.
    So i bought my nexus 5x and rooted it. i crafted the .zip file from the offsec's github for my phone. Every step of the installation worked like a charm. Although i am not sure how it works.
    It aint just an app, it is the whole kali behind it cause of the vnc and the interactive shell. I have the problem that it works on the background and drains my battery.
    I type force stop but at some point it starts again and there goes the battery....Anyway i can stop that?? if i cant stop it i am considering removing it but since it aint just an app,
    if i delete it, will it delete the kali on the background?
    Plus many stuff dont work for me like hid attacks. It says it starts the attack but nothing happens...
    anyone with nexus 5x with similar experience? or just similar experience with other phones?
    thx
    Hi, I have bought nexus 5x too and I installed somehow the nethunter. I have faced the same issue and also the camera is not working for me. Can you please tell me what steps you did and what image did you flashed? I think that the battery and camera (for myself) are kernel issues.

If you can provide here what steps did you performed. Also did you installed cyanogen or you installed the nethunter above the original rom?

well i downloaded the repository from github and created the image manually... i dont really remember the command. Then i rebooted in twrp wiped kalvik and cache, installed the image and rebooted that is it. i dont have cyanogen. the draining battery pissed me off plus the fact that hid attacks didnt work and that is where the fun is... so i formatted it and installed the ROM by default.

so you compile it yourself? know of a someone that may have already working images for nexus 5x? is odd because wiki says it supports it.. but there is no option to download it.