Thread: Can someone please clarify some things about NH please?

Can someone please clarify some things about NH please?

Hi all,

I've read the official Kali Nethunter documentation over at GitHub and I didn't really understand how NetHunter is installed. I know it's a different ROM so that means it's like installing a different OS on your phone. But to what extent is this? Is it replacing the previous OS totally? The documentation's guide to installing NetHunter has a step called "Installing NetHunter on top of Android". I have some questions:

Does this mean NetHunter completely replaces the Android OS with its own? Or is it like installing an App whithin the OS?

Is it possible to change between the original android version or stock ROM and Kali NetHunter? Kind of like Dual-Booting on a PC.

Does NetHunter offer the same features as a normal stock OS such as Telephone App, Messaging App, Contacts etc.? After all I do need my phone for basic needs eg. to call people xD

If so, can contacts and messages be synced between stock Android and NetHunter?

This might sound as a stupid question, but in all pics and vids I've seen of NetHunter there's the same wallpaper xD, is this customizable?

Thanks to those who find the time and patience to answer my questions

NH is not a different OS. It's just a set of tools that gets flashed on top your current ROM. The official guides make it sounds like it's a whole new ROM but that's not a must to do. All you need is an Android OS installed on your phone with root on top of it, then you just flash over the customized kernel, the installer, and the chroot.