Thread: libcap problems

libcap problems

Hello I'm new to the forum and I been having trouble with libcap. I tried to install a kali tool called penetrator-wps, when I tried to install it gave me this message

penetrator.c:16:18: fatal error: pcap.h: No such file or directory
    #include <pcap.h>
    ^
    compilation terminated.
    mv: cannot stat ‘penetrator’: No such file or directory

It asks for the pcap.h, I tried anything to fix it even installing and updating libcap with the command apt-get install libcap-dev libssl-dev but it doesn't works. If anybody knows how to solve it please let me know I would really apreciate it.

Try installing this package:
    Code:
    apt-get install libpcap-dev

I tried that several times when I had that problem and still didn't work, thanks anyways.

Sorry I missed the part where you already installed it. Which version of kali are you on. I download it and installed fine on kali rolling.
    Last edited by P373; 2016-06-24 at 18:11. Reason: Spelling

Kali 2.0 the most recent version, I even tried to look and install any updates but still nothing worked.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by reconforce3399 View Post
    Kali 2.0 the most recent version, I even tried to look and install any updates but still nothing worked.
    same here thought a reboot after the libcap download would work but nope. trying a --fix-missing to see if it will change anything.

Upgrade your repositories. I'm using Kali Rolling 2016