Thread: Kali Linux Unable To Install

Kali Linux Unable To Install

Hi, I'm new to these forums, so hi everyone

Recently I've been trying to install Kali Linux, for around the past week. After burning ISOs to CDs so many times, I've given up.

So, the reason I cannot install Kali is because I get to the install screen, it is all going fine, but then I get the error:

There was a problem reading data from the CD-ROM. Please make sure it is in the drive. If retrying does not work, you should check the integrity of your CD-ROM.

At this point i'm stumped and I've run out of ideas of what to do, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rhys

I have had problems burning ISOs in the past when the CD/DVD drive was set to its maximum speed. Have you tried slowing the drive a bit, to see if the ISO burns correctly?

Can you rule out a problem with the CD/DVD drive on the machine itself?

You could also try installing from USB...haven't done that myself, but the directions at docs.kali.org are well done.

I'll try with the USB because the CD Drive probably is dodgy knowing my luck, I'll follow the instructions to boot on a usb, and I'll let you know how it goes.

this happens to me a lot especially when i am writing over a used portion of my disk... i just keep trying and eventually it works it very annoying though

So if I delete stuff off of my hard drive, it'll work? Because I completely happy to do that.

Edit:
    Ok, I have 30GB free on the hard disk, and I've booted with the USB, yet it still won't work, still getting the same error as the one in the first post.
    Last edited by sickn3ss; 2016-06-28 at 07:21.

i just kept deleting and repartitioning and eventually it went through. my hard disk has many many rewrites and deletions of data.. i dont know if it had anything to do with my problem but i kept at it and eventually it went all the way through