Thread: Kali Linux Inverts Mouse Scroll Direction

Question Kali Linux Inverts Mouse Scroll Direction

Hello,

I am running Kali Linux rolling 32-bit (Debian 4.6.2-2kali2) as a VirtualBox VM (version 5.0.2 r102096). The host OS is Linux Mint 17.4 64-bit.
    The VirtualBox guest add-ins are installed and working.

The mouse in the guest Kali system always scrolls backwards. That is, when I scroll down, the position goes up. It's the reverse of the expected behavior. There is a mouse settings for Natural Scrolling, but it exhibits the same behavior regardless of how it is set, even after reboots.
    if you are having trouble visualizing this because I may not be good at describing it, try this.
    I run a find command and get a long list of results. If I want to look up to see the top of the list, I have to scroll down on the mouse wheel. To go back to the bottom of the list and the bash prompt, I scroll up on the mouse wheel.
    I understand it is supposed to be more "tablet-like" but this isn't a tablet.

I would like the guest mouse and the host mouse to work the same way.

I found a suggestion here https://www.maketecheasier.com/rever...ion-in-ubuntu/, but that did not work.

I appreciate your advice,
    AP

It only happens in the terminal window. I am going to close this thread and open a better one in Troubleshooting.