Thread: Not able to connect to WiFi in any way

Not able to connect to WiFi in any way

I got a Sony Vaio. Everything is up-to-date and I installed all the firmware.
    The problem is, that I cannot connect to wifi.When I installed Kali on my laptop I used ethernet and I also got an error that "rtl_nic-rtl8168g-2.fw" is missing. I skipped it because eventhough I downloaded the file and put it on my USB it did not get noticed by the system. However, using WiFi Radar does not help at all. I can't find any routers in my environment. I guess there's something wrong with my network controller (Broadcom Corporation BCM43142 802.11b/g/n). I also tried installing firmware for my adapter.
    However, if I use ifcofig there only shows up "lo" and "eth0".
    If I use "ifconfig wlan0 up" when connected to the router via ethernet cable or without (doesn't matter) it says "wlan0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
    I just don't know what to do.
    Also, I used "Legacy" instead of "UEFI" because I couldn't install Kali if it was set to UEFI.

I'd really appreciate any help

Hmm, are your devices listed in the output of lspci, and lsusb? Any errors in the output of dmesg?

sometimes when you set bios to their default settings could solve that problem with wifi
    Repetitio est mater studiorum