Thread: Alfa AWUS036AC driver support

Alfa AWUS036AC driver support

I was wondering whether anyone managed to get the driver for the AWUS036AC (RTK8812AU) compiled on Kali? If they did, does it supports all of the adapter modes including monitor mode?

I initially tried to compile both the driver supplied on CD and the one downloaded from the Alfa website without success.After a bit of searching I found an alternative driver on github, which I was able to compile and load, but it did not provide support for monitor mode. In addition, it did not work with any of the 'iw' commands, although it worked with ifconfig and iwconfig. After wrestling with this some more, I got fed up and sent the AWUS0036AC back and purchased a TP Link TL-WN722N instead, which works nicely out of the box.

Not liking to give up on a challenge, I had another crack at getting the original Alfa driver compiled today, and was able to do so successfully with only a small amount of modification, but since I have now sent the adapter back, I am unable to test it. If it works, I would purchase the adapter again since it supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, but would only do so if the driver works and supports all necessary modes.
    Last edited by CloudNine; 2016-07-22 at 19:37.