Thread: Screen Flickering and nvidia drivers

Screen Flickering and nvidia drivers

Hello,

I just got a new Notebook with an Intel Graphics card and the Geforce GTX 950m by Nvidia.
    Since I updated and upgraded all packages i have a wierd and annoying screen flickering and i think it is because my Nvidia Graphics card does not have the drivers installed properly.
    lspci gives me the
    Code:
    01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM107M [GeForce GTX 950M] (rec a2)
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
    for the interesting part.
    As the GTX is registered as a 3D controller and not a VGA controller nvidia-detect also gives me no results.
    I tried to install all necessary nvidia drivers by
    Code:
    apt-get install nvidia-driver
    but afterwards i was unable to log in because "Something has gone wrong"
    I fixed this issue by installing nvidia-optimus and bumblebee and rebooting.
    The problem is my Screen still flickers and my Graphics card is still registered as 3D Controller.
    In various guides they say, i need to edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, but somehow this file is not present in my installation.
    The version i am using is:
    Code:
    uname -a
    Linux kali 4.6.0-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.6.4-1kali1 (2016-07-21) x86_64 GNU/Linux
    And the notebook i am using is a MSI GP60-2QFi781
    Any help is appreciated!

Same Issue

It seems as tho I have the same exact issue as you, with the screen flickering. I got the gray screen as well when I tried to update the nvidia drivers. I have a Razerblade 2015 model with the GTX 970m. It would seem as tho the issue lies with the intel drivers but I have yet to come up with a solution. I'll post back here and let you know if I get it figured out.

Same problem , did you guys resolved this ?