Thread: [drm:intel_lvds_enable] *ERROR* timed out waiting for panel to power on

[drm:intel_lvds_enable] *ERROR* timed out waiting for panel to power on

I've already installed Kali before on my macbook, now I'm trying to install it on my Sony Vaio. I install it all without any issues. Then I type
    Code:
    apt-get update
    everything works just fine. I type in
    Code:
    apt-get upgrade
    and that's when everything starts acting weird on me. I won't be able to open up any programs including settings. It acts like it wants to open but then just closes. I restart the laptop and I get the continuous error message "[drm:intel_lvds_enable] *ERROR* timed out waiting for panel to power on" and it never boots up. I've tried tutorials from other forums like Ubuntu and Arch linux, nothing seems to work. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Never mind, I think I found the fix for it. There was something I should have read during the upgrade telling me in order to keep using my intel graphics, I would have to transfer the xorg.conf file to another folder. I just did that. Waiting for the rest of the upgrade now to see if that solved my issues.

help me please to solve my problem with drm:intel_lvds_enable] *ERROR* timed out wait

Quote Originally Posted by obedience View Post
    I would have to transfer the xorg.conf file to another folder.
    Which folder?