Thread: Trouble installing Kali on HP mini 2133

Trouble installing Kali on HP mini 2133

Hey, I am constantly getting a very long loading screen for Kali Linux after installing it on my notebook. During the installation it gives me a few missing drivers, due to the network drivers but when I actually try to boot from the Hard drive, itgives me the menu. Boots and then it shows me a "underscore" flashing in the top right hand side of the corner and stays there. Why is it not booting into Kali?

Thanks

What are the specs on your notebook? I find Kali fairly lightweight, but it is a bit more resource-intensive than BackTrack. If you wait, does it eventually boot into Kali? Are you using a stock Kali install, or something custom? Have you tried other Linux distros on it?

Quote Originally Posted by grid View Post
    What are the specs on your notebook? I find Kali fairly lightweight, but it is a bit more resource-intensive than BackTrack. If you wait, does it eventually boot into Kali? Are you using a stock Kali install, or something custom? Have you tried other Linux distros on it?
    The specs are :
    1.6-GHz VIA C7-M processor
    VIA Chrome 9 graphics chip
    2GB of DDR2 memory

No it never boots into Kali. I left it running for a whole hour and it was still flashing the underscore in the top right hand side of the screen.
    I am using a stock Kali install. 32 BIT iso

That's enough muscle to run Kali fine, in my opinion.

Based on that, I think the video card may not be supported. Does your notebook work with other Linux distros?

That's enough muscle to run Kali fine, in my opinion.

Based on that, I think the video card may not be supported. Does your notebook work with other Linux distros?
    I haven't tried with any of Linux version only Kali, as it saves me the time of installing extra programs like metasploit, and other additions to terminal.

That's true, and one reason why I use Kali: everything is packaged together. When your notebook boots, can you use Ctrl+Alt+F3 to reach a console login?
    Last edited by grid; 2016-08-05 at 11:52.

That's true, and one reason why I use Kali: everything is packaged together. When your notebook boots, can you use Ctrl+Alt+F3 to reach a console login?
    No it doesn't work. I still get the same problem. I get a few missing drivers. One in the internet driver and the other is Tigon. The only options I have when I boot is to press C for command line and E to edit the comands before booting.
    I am running version 2.02 beta 2-33

I think in this case, your best bet is to open a ticket at bugs.kali.org, and see if the dev team can help.