Thread: Wifi Drops After Suspend State

Wifi Drops After Suspend State

Ok, so I'm fairly new to Kali. I love it when it works. Whenever I close my laptop lid Kali goes into the suspension state and when resuming from that the networking interface isn't there at all. I have no clue how to fix the problem. I tried updating drivers and everything. Interestingly enough whenever I try the lspci command after this happens my wifi card does not show up (an Intel Corporation Wireless 8260 (rev 3a)). I also checked the status of the network-manager and it has two warnings normally.

Code:
    Aug 02 17:18:02 kali NetworkManager[674]: <warn>  Failed to GDBus.Error:fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.NotConnected: This interface is not connected: disconnect.
    Aug 02 17:36:31 kali NetworkManager[674]: <warn>  (wlan0): failed to disable userspace IPv6LL address handling
    I tried looking up the problem but couldn't find a solution to it. I attempted to install firmware that dmesg says it couldn't load but that actually made my problems worse since the network interface wouldn't appear at all after that. I know that you can turn off the suspension state when the laptop lid is shut via the logind.conf file but that's not what I want to do. I would like it to be suspended when not in use and unsuspended when opened. This is really the only problem I have with Kali at the moment.

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Doing some more research I have found that it may be the bluetooth that is messing with things. For some reason the iwlwifi firmware doesn't play well with the bluetooth drivers. I'll try my best disabling them some time today. If amyone knows an easy way to do this, please let me know. Thanks.