Hi, ive been trying to fix this problem with vpn access in my kali virtualbox machine for quite some time now, and dont seem to quite get there.
My host machine is a linux mint 17.3 desktop pc, and i have set up a point to point tunneling protocol vpn, for pentesting and other stuff. As i have a paid vpn provider (strongvpn) i went through their instructions to configure and connect to their servers, basically creating an executable log file with the correct settings, user and pass and thats it. However in the guest machine, (Kali) i cant make it work unless i set the network adapter to NAT, (network address translation) and connect through the same ip as my host, which is a bit annoying since i dont seem to get the verbose output of several tools including nmap in a regular fashion,( host discovery, os detect gives unaccurate information, syn stealth takes forever, and so on), There are a couple of things i tried such as making new rules for iptables postrouting and forward port 1723, enable GRE and all that good stuff, still no vpn connection in bridged setting. Then i tried to connect through openvpn to a free vpn provider, (something i was able to do in prior versions of kali) and still no luck. Anyone have a clue about what it might be? thanks to all