Thread: Switching from legacy grub to grub efi

Switching from legacy grub to grub efi

Good day,

I've installed kali on a new PC just now and it installed grub in legacy mode instead of efi mode. I have windows 10 in efi mode installed, so I have to switch how to boot everytime I want to boot into either windows or kali. I've mounted the efi partition to /boot/efi when I installed kali but must have done something wrong. Strangely enough this didn't happen on any PC before. Is there a way to install the efi grub or refind or something or will this not work?

Thanks,
    flux

diabawii Guest
    now you have to go to boot menu to choose your operating system if it is like that you can check this http://askubuntu.com/questions/24426...y-new-efi-file

Quote Originally Posted by diabawii View Post
    now you have to go to boot menu to choose your operating system if it is like that you can check this http://askubuntu.com/questions/24426...y-new-efi-file
    Thanks! Unfortunately didn't work.

I tried a lot of things now. Tried to boot from a USB stick with Ubuntu live and chroot into the Kali installation and install grub-efi, the installation worked but it didn't install grub into my /boot/efi mount. Unfortunately, grub is just one big mystery to me. Found tons of workarounds on stackexchange, but none of them really worked. Can I just copy the /boot/grub folder into /boot/efi and it works?