Thread: Kali Linux fails to boot after installing NVidia drivers

Kali Linux fails to boot after installing NVidia drivers

So I installed the Nvidia drivers on my Kali box as per the documentation, now it fails to boot normally. The following messages get repeated over and over:

[OK] Created slice User slice of Debian-gdm
    Starting User Manager for UID 133
    [OK] Started Session cXXX of user Debian-
    [OK] Started User Manager for UID 133
    Stopping User Manager for UID 133
    [OK] Stopped User Manager for UID 133
    [OK] Removed slice User slice of Debian-gdm

The above message just repeats constantly, until Session cXXX reaches 505, or causes the screen to flash.
    I have tried reversing the changes made however it hasn't solved the problem. I've searched for this issue and had no luck. I've even tried restoring the GDM packages whilst in the recovery mode. It doesn't allow me to access tty or ctrl+alt+f1.
    Any help would be appreciated as the last thing I want to do is try and rescue all my data and starting again. Thanks

Something else that shows up which I should have mentioned. Nouveau is unable to load a file: nvidia/gm206/gr/sw_nonctx.bin

I had a similar problem with Kali rolling 2016.2 with Nvidia GTX 1070. I could not boot into in using recovery options or regular boot. I got it to boot by using the Kali live failsafe mode on the DVD.
    I then set up a chroot environment in a terminal sudo mount /dev/sdaX /mnt, sudo mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev, sudo mount --bind /proc /mnt/proc, sudo mount --bind /sys /mnt/sys, sudo chroot /mnt In the chroot environment, I ran apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) and ran NVIDIA-Linux-X86_64-367.35.run that I had previous placed in the root directory with chmod +x to change permissions. I agreed to the EULA, and the other questions. It installed the NVIDIA drivers. I exited out of chroot and quit the live DVD.
    I was able to boot into Kali from the hard drive.

and you solve the drivers problem with kaloi 2016...
    i mean ...
    can you use cuda now?