Thread: Do I need to correct install that failed to select 'network mirror'?

Talking Do I need to correct install that failed to select 'network mirror'?

Checked google and forums, nothing jumped out that wasn't really old or too general.
    Me: Debian GNU/Linux Kali Linux 1.0.9

The installer that I used from a USB kept telling me that the network mirror selection failed no matter what mirror I picked. My lan cable was in, the lan connection configured fine earlier in the install. After the install, network connection continued to be fine.

So, I was left with my installation failed to configure a 'network mirror' during the install and the warning messages implied that I'd result in some sort of 'limited' install if I continued with that situation. I didn't write down the exact message.

So, now I have a bootable Kali and am wondering if I need to correct this situation to keep up maximum capability for this install?

My current sources is the default:

Binary 20140822-15:33]/ kali contrib main non-free
    Binary 20140822-15:33]/ kali contribu main non-free
    deb http://security.kali.org/kali-security/ kali/updates main contrib non-free

Is this good enough or is there advice on correcting the failure to select a network mirror?

I think you should be good to go. Just to be safe, I'd run apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade...to ensure that you can hit the repos