Thread: Success installing NetHunter 3 on Nexus 7 2013 plus 1 question

Success installing NetHunter 3 on Nexus 7 2013 plus 1 question

OK so I have managed to successfully install onto a new Nexus 7 2013 running the Mashmellow 6.0.1 Andriod MOB30X.

There was no single source of information which provided exactly what I needed. My first hurdle was that I was running a Mac and even though I have Parallels and Windows 10 I could not get the Nexus Root Toolkit to work correctly - problems with the USB drivers and Parallels.

So I found a "Real" windows machine.

Providing you download all the updates to NRT it seems to work ok. Just make sure you unlock the boot loader first. The tablet has to be in the right mode

I used the following links to provide me with all the information.

http://www.teamandroid.com/2016/01/0...factory-image/

I think the key is to watch all the videos - end to end, which provides you with sufficient background information to make educated decisions when things are not exactly the same as the video - which is invariably the case with new versions.

I do have 1 QUESTION.

Do I need to be concerned about any automatic updates to Marshmellow etc which might break something ? Should I disable these and if so where do I do this ?

Thanks

Dave
    Last edited by maiki; 2016-08-27 at 10:49. Reason: Remove YouTube links

Hi @davega,

Nice to hear you got success installing NetHunter.

About your doubt(s):

> Do I need to be concerned about any automatic updates?

Not really, you will get the OTA updates, you can turn off the notification.

> it might break something?

I tryed time ago (for the lulz) to install a OTA update over nethunter and it failed.

"Nethuterized" devices are running a modified system so you can't/shouldnt install any update from Google over NetHunter. Atm if you want to install a Google OTA update, do a clean android flash (with latest stock image), and then reinstall nethunter.

BR

Jaime

Should this latest build of Kali Nethunter 3 recognise a USB ethernet adapter plugged into the Nexus 7. I have a TL-WN722N but I can't seem to get it recognised.

Quote Originally Posted by davega View Post
    Should this latest build of Kali Nethunter 3 recognise a USB ethernet adapter plugged into the Nexus 7. I have a TL-WN722N but I can't seem to get it recognised.
    so have you able to solve your problem now? if you do so, mind to sharing it with us?