Thread: Shutting down Kali ODROID-C2....PROBLEM!!

Shutting down Kali ODROID-C2....PROBLEM!!

Hello Everyone,

I've downloaded "kali-2.1.2-odroidc2.img" and used "win 32 disk imager" on windows 10 to write the os into a 64gb eMMC. Everithing goes fine until I want to shut down or reboot Kali, because it shuts down but the blue led stop blinking and stays always on.
    If i try to reboot kali doesn't do that.Always black screeen and blue led always on. Even if i power off the odroid and then i plug again the power connector the answer is the same: Blue led always on and no boot. I must reflash the os to start again but with the same issue.

Is is possible to solve that bug?

Thank you

Christian

maybe I've to install on a micro sd and not on a emmc...

I am having the exact same problem. I did some digging and people are saying that is has something to do with how you partition your eMMC. Aparently you have to leave some space at the end for it to reboot. Try using gparted. If you find something that works please tell me as well as for me it still doesnt reboot. Thanks!

free Space? what kind of formatted space? (ext,swap,fat ecc...)

OK...
    That's what I've found out:

I've tried gparted on kali installed in the eMMC. Tried to create the linux swap and other free space in ext4 format. Result: stuck on reboot or when powering off.

Installed kali on a 16 gb panasonic micro SSD. Result: OK. EVERITHING WORKS FINE FOR NOW.
    on the emmc I've installed again ubuntu mate...even I have to admitt that I don't like it too much...there are a lot of lag expecially on the GUI.

I'm wondering if there is an option for dual boot...like GRUB for booting mate on emmc or kali on micro SD...
    Last edited by redhoticaro; 2016-08-24 at 20:31.

Quote Originally Posted by redhoticaro View Post
    really nothing??
    It's the re-partitioning of sd/emmc-card, but there is also a bug. So don't resize the root partition to full size of card, but let some free space (~1Mb) after root partition, look here: https://github.com/offensive-securit...ipts/issues/76
    The uInitrd on boot partition get broken during reboot, so make a backup copy of initial uInitrd and restore it with a script -> full description and howto here: http://www.blackhillsinfosec.com/?p=5156

The uInitrd on boot partition get broken during reboot, so make a backup copy of initial uInitrd and restore it with a script -> full description and howto here: http://www.blackhillsinfosec.com/?p=5156
    do I have to do it every time I upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by redhoticaro View Post
    do I have to do it every time I upgrade?
    yes, until we know why uInitrd get broken and what's the root cause of trouble.