I've read around in the forums, and after burning kali to a 64GB USB stick, it creates it's OS partition of 2.7GB, what I assume is 90MB for persistence and the rest is unallocated. So of course trying to apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade fails because it runs out of space. Is there a way to get kali to make the OS partition larger so I can perform this upgrade? The reason I've run into this issue is that reaver fails to associate, and other various aircrack-ng failures and after reading through the forums I see answers like "have you updated to the latest kali with apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade?" which seemed to solve a whole lot of problems for people. So I suppose my only options if I run this from a live USB are to downgrade to a version of Kali where these tools are working with my USB Wifi adapter (Alfa AWUS036NH) or preferably figure out how to take kali 2.0 and burn a larger OS partition that allows for the dist-upgrade. Can anyone tell me what the best route to go would be? I can't go dual boot on this particular laptop, and having to swap out SSD's would be a huge pain and I'd love to avoid it if possible. I understand it's a live version, but there isn't a way to get the latest working pieces of kali without actual installation?

Thanks very much in advance.