Thread: Kali will not install for me on my MSI laptop.

Kali will not install for me on my MSI laptop.

Hi. I have downloaded x32 and x64 version, also the light versions, etc.

The kali version is the lastest x64 and x86 versions available to download on the download site.
    My Hardware is MSI laptop intel i7 with 16GB RAM, with a NVIDIA GTX graphics.

I have tried multiple times adding the iso files too USB and also to my external HDD with Rufus, and Ive also tried with Win32 diskimager. Everysingle time and everysingle one of them give me these errors.

This is the error I get when I try launching live version:

This is the error I get when I try install and graphic install:

This is the only information I have available, I hope it is enough, as I need to install this today or tomorrow.

EDIT:
    I have tried installing on a VM with the same USB and It does install on the VM, so I dont know whats happening. I dont want to use it on a vm because I want to use the GPU to its full potential.
    Last edited by shackles; 2016-08-22 at 11:18.

I would suggest you to buy or try another usb, and when you're booting into the USB, switch your bios mode to LEGACY and try looking if it's working then! If it is, contact me for further information.

Quote Originally Posted by user_name View Post
    I would suggest you to buy or try another usb, and when you're booting into the USB, switch your bios mode to LEGACY and try looking if it's working then! If it is, contact me for further information.
    I have the same problem, however changing to legacy and switching usb won't work, I tried updating the bios and still same result...

Quote Originally Posted by user_name View Post
    Its not the USB as Ive been able to install it on a friends lenovo laptop. But I still cant install it on mine.
    Ive tried legacy, uefi, uefi with csm, enabling and disabling secure mode, but nothing is working.

I read up on google that I might need graphic driviers updating but how can I do that If i cant even boot a live version without getting jammed or errors.
    Also read about putting in grub nomodeset, but the live persistance version already has nomodeset on it and thast doesnt load for me either...