Thread: No Grub Boot Menu - Windows 8 dual boot

No Grub Boot Menu - Windows 8 dual boot

I've been trying to setup dual boot over the past few days with Kali Linux 2.0 and have finally managed to get it installed to a partition. However, when I boot up my pc it boots up straight into Windows and does not give me an option to choose which operating system to boot to. I've checked and there is a partition for grub. Does anyone have any idea on how I might go solving this? My PC is a Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite Touchscreen 128GB. Thanks in advance!

I am having the same problem on a Toshiba Satellite P55-A5312. I have tried installing Ubuntu, Linux Mint and Kali all with the same indications as the above poster.

I have tried utilities such as Boot-Repair, EasyBCD and even modifying files in the /EFI/ directory (copying grub over the windows boot loader) with no luck.

There are many forum posts on the ubuntu forums that say they have been able to resolve these issues but none are working for me and i havent found any on these forums either.

No matter what i do when i reboot the laptop it goes right into windows.

Really interested if others have had this issue and been able to resolve.

I'm also having the exact same problem.
    http://paste.ubuntu.com/23129787/ <- Boot Repair log. Looks like there's something wrong with "GPT" on my drive, maybe?

hello sir. i'm no expert not even close i'm just a newbee but I read in the forums that u should go to ur boot menu in ur bios and enable any partitions u have made... or see it here sir: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...rtup-dual-boot

Maybe "Secure BIOS" settings enabled.