Thread: Delay 90 seconds on shutdown

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I know this may sound really dumb and I do not know the reason why it solves it but I found it on another thread for Arch Linux.

The solution is to open shell and "shutdown now" then when the machine comes back on then do a "reboot" and the message goes away and future reboots do not hang anymore.

Tested. Confirmed Kali 2017.2 vbox image

Quote Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
    The solution is to open shell and "shutdown now" then when the machine comes back on then do a "reboot" and the message goes away and future reboots do not hang anymore.
    I just tested this with the latest Kali 2017.2 VirtualBox image. The behavior is consistent. i.e. It corrects the 90s shutdown.

"this may sound really dumb" kind of has the same ring to it as,
    """
    The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!) but “That’s funny …”
    — Isaac Asimov
    """ -fortune(Unix), 1987, according to quoteinvestigator.com

I had this issue when installing Kali 2017.3 on VirtualBox, running on Mint.
    Reading through several articles and posts, I saw a list of several options - one more exotic then the other.
    I have no idea if this is reproducible for anybody, but it appeared I had my time-zone in Kali set differently then my host machine.
    Just to be able to check my journal and other logs, I corrected that.
    After rebooting yet another time, I suddenly came to the bservation that this "a stop job is running ..." had gone.
    Really, this is the only thing I changed other then sifting trough some logs and options before.
    Anyway - maybe this is of some help to anybody.
    Cheers.