Thread: Kali Linux Rolling Login Problem

Kali Linux Rolling Login Problem

Hi

I have Kali Linux installed on my hard-drive and it worked fine. Now I tried to start it and it booted till the login part (like a terminal just text, so no GUI) and I never had to enter the login data there before, it just skipped it and went to the GUI login Form where I enter the user n pw. However, it's not such a big deal but theres another problem. In the login (the one like terminal just text) the screen keeps blinking or something so when I hit a key on my keyboard it doesn't read it so I have to hit it few times to enter just one character, for username its fine but the password is difficult because I can't see anything bcoz the protection (the pw is hidden while entering) so I just can't enter my password successful because it's a bit longer than toor. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I am having the same issue though my environment is different. VirtualBox image with 2016.1 was running fine. I did an update, upgrade, dist-upgrade. After I rebooted the VM, the GUI comes up, but the screen does not refresh unless I move focus off the VM window. So I type my password in with no feedback showing on the screen, move focus off the VM and the password field populates. Once I get logged in things seem fine. I've tried changing the video settings (turned off acceleration, turned off "enable nested paging"), reinstalled gdm3. I'm a newbie at Linux so I'm shaking the bushes for things to try. Any sage suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by DJP; 2016-09-29 at 15:37.

I had this Problem few Days ago. I tried 3 times to new install it. It dont worked so i tried a other HDD. And it works fine now.... I think my HDD was only too old/slow. Maybe it can solve your problem! Install Kali on a USB Stick on the same PC--- when you have the same Problem than its a Kali problem. When not it was your HDD I hope i can help a bit

If your ok with autologin you can set that. In my VM enviro I'm ok that for a temp fix, but I'd like to find a solution to the issue.

nano /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf

AutomaticLoginEnable=true
    AutomaticLogin=root