Thread: How can i Crunch a password using cuda cores?

How can i Crunch a password using cuda cores?

So I am using kali linux and aircrack for this, what I did is this:
    crunch 10 10 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTYVWX YZ1234567890 | pyrit -r WPA-01.cap - b xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -i - attack_passthrough
    however, that didnt seem to work very well since I only got around 2300PMKs, keep in mind that i just have kali linux installed, I saw an article that had something that basically said that i should install the nvidia drivers, how? and after i do install them is that all? just use the same command again?
    -Thanks
    P.S: I am testing my own network which I already know the password for (which is why i used "crunch 10 10")

Hello TitoOP,
    You can't get there from here. (sigh)
    See this thread:
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...NVIDIA-Problem
    As for cracking a 10 character password using the full keyboard, the sun will go nova before that completes.
    I suggest you start with Pixie Dust or Reaver, and then move on to attacking your handshake. First try the wonderful rockyou wordlist, followed by a crunch passthrough for your local telephone numbers
    (put your local area code then crunch or mask for seven digits). If no luck, it's best to move on to the next target.
    BTW, there's many tricks that are helpful. For example, if you see an SSID like this:
    TP-LINK-xxx
    The password will be eight digits.

first of all am a total noob, now the thread doesn't have a solution for it, okay i get that 10 character password would talk A LONG LONG time, but if i wanted to crack an 8 digit password with crunch, and use cuda cores? I will try to use Reaver and Pixie Dust, I have seen a thread before that basically said that you can use your gpu for crunch without nvidia drivers or something like that, is there something that i can do to use my gpu for crunch? I have a geforce 820m

OH, I see, you want to go faster than pyrit with a cpu. You have a geforece gpu (Nvidia) so you need cudahashcat for Nvidia. Let me see if I can find the legacy download link:
    https://hashcat.net/files_legacy/cudaHashcat-2.01.7z
    (Do not get the newest hashcat 3.10, it is... complicated! lol)
    I've never EVER had success installing compatible Nvidia drivers under Kali, but you could try the second tutorial referred to in this thread:
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...dia-for-crunch
    (I tried the top link for the "official" tutorial but it just bricked my box)
    So if you don't mind using Windows, unpack the cudaHashcat-2.01.7z archive and paste the unpacked folder inside your user folder. You'll also need to have a .hccap file instead of a .cap, so if you need to convert a cap or pcap to a hccap, you could use:
    https://hashcat.net/cap2hccap/
    or better yet do it locally under Kali with aircrack. This will create "handshake.hccap":
    aircrack-ng handshake.cap -J handshake
    So now you have cudaHashcat and you have your capture file. Open a cmd prompt and then change directories into the hashcat folder thus:
    cd cudaHashcat-2.01
    (and press ENTER)
    The following line will run hashcat for 10 characters, in this case of numbers plus all upper case letters... you can copy the following and paste it into the cmd window by right-clicking in there, but first change "handshake" to the actual capture name, and if you're on a 32 bit system use 32 instead of 64 in hashcat's name:
    cudahashcat64 -m 2500 -a 3 -1 0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ handhake.hccap ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
    Then press ENTER to start it.
    INFO: In hashcat, to pause and restart later, pause with CTRL+C and restart it with:
    cudaHashcat64 --session cudaHashcat --restore
    (again, if you're using a 32 bit system you must change 64 to 32 in the above)
    ANOTHER EXAMPLE:
    This is what the command looks like to test the handshake against 8 digits:
    cudahashcat64 -m 2500 -a 3 handshake.hccap ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d
    Or for 10 digits:
    cudahashcat64 -m 2500 -a 3 handshake.hccap ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d
    Or, let's say you suspect the password is a person's name with some digits added, let's say his name is Dave... with four digits added, here's what you'd use:
    cudahashcat64 -m 2500 -a 3 handshake.hccap dave?d?d?d?d
    I hope this gets you started in the right direction.
    Last edited by John_Doe; 2016-09-08 at 05:33. Reason: fix typo

bash: cudahashcat64: command not found

Also the other tutorial: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...nabled-Laptops

After I downloaded cuda for ubuntu (as a guess because i have no clue) and the same exact version and everything, and after going thru its installation it says that my computer is not supported, so neither of my last hopes worked, if you know why the commands for cudahascat64 didnt work please let me know, I think I'll try this now: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...Cuda-and-Pyrit which should be my last last last last chance of getting this to work

I said, "IF YOU DON'T MIND USING WINDOWS". And I said that because no one has been able to get cudahashcat running under the new Kali. Look at all the other threads with people weeping about Nvidia driver troubles under Kali.
    Anyhow, I wish you luck.