Thread: libcrypt11 unable to locate package

libcrypt11 unable to locate package

I am trying to go through the steps for enabling changing txpower on my kali live persistence usb instance, when running apt-get install python-m2crypto libgcrypt11 libgcrypt11-dev libnl-dev, I get a message that libnl-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package, this may mean the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source.
    E: unable to locate package libcrypt11
    e: package 'libnl-dev' has no installation candidate.

as a new linux and kali user help with this would be appreciated. Googling for help has provided suggestions such as running apt-get -y libcrypt, or apt-get -y libcrypt11-dev, however these have not resolved the issue. I am unsure what repositories I need to have to download the files correctly.

Assistance would be appreciated

further to above, I have gone through and gotten to the 'make' stage in the wiki for this configuration, when I try to run make it gives me the following:

root@kali:~/crda/crda-1.1.3# make
    /bin/sh: 1: pkg-config: not found
    Makefile:76: *** Cannot find development files for any supported version of libnl. Stop.

One more thing in this process, when I put my external usb wireless adapter in, with chipset Ralink rt3070, in standard mode the dbi is 30. When I put it into monitor mode, that drops to 20.
    Last edited by vinneth; 2016-09-13 at 11:25.

for those who seek the answer to this issue, go to http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs...net/libnl.html. There were a couple of minor issues after this for me, however nothing even a novice like me could not fix

Hello vinneth, it sounds like you succeeded, congrats. I'd like to mention that if you do airmon-ng check kill but do NOT follow with airmon-ng start wlan0 you can immediately start using wlan0 to monitor and inject, thus directing the full power of the card to monitoring. Try it, it's awesome!

hey John_Doe, kind of successful, kind of not. I am able to use the wireless card in my VM version of Kali, but not in my full install instance on a second laptop. Injection works for the internal wireless card (broadcom) but not the Ralink. Given it works with the vm version, I think this is a drivers not installed issue. I have the cd provided with the wireless card, have expanded the files and tried to run the make file, unfortunately it is throwing errors:

entering directory '/lib/modules/4.3.0-kali-amd64/build'
    ***No rule to make target 'modules'. Stop.
    Leaving Directory '/lib/modules/4.3.0-kalil-amd64/build'
    makefile:356: recipe for target 'LINUX' failed
    make: *** [LINUX] Error 2