Thread: NetHunter on Nexus 7 2012 USB OTG not working at all

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NetHunter on Nexus 7 2012 USB OTG not working at all

Hi, i recently bought a used nexus 7 just to put nethunter on it, after some struggle with poorly written guides, i managed to get the nethunter working on it, however after i bought the USB Y OTG cable, it doesn't recognize any usb devices at all.

I tried a simple USB memory stick, no go.
    tried TL-WN722N wifi adapter (which works great on my netbook) and also tried TurboTenna (it uses same chipset as AWUS036NH, which is rt2800usb).
    I'm using external power bank to power the usb device, on the turbotenna the light turns on, however on WN722N the light won't even turn on, none of this matters as they're not being detected by my nexus 7.

i read that you should check with lsusb, but it doesn't work, it gives me this:
    Code:
    libudev: udev_has_devtmpfs: name_to_handle_at on /dev: Function not implemented
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    I see this message regardless of if i have any usb devices plugged in or not, it's ever the same, no change.

obviously my device is unlocked and rooted, otherwise it would be impossible to install nethunter anyway. I used MultiROM method to install nethunter as secondary OS, then i swapped it so it's primary ROM now. USB debugging is also on.

any help please?

EDIT:
    I think i have a poopy OTG cable, it seems like that it either connects the wifi adapter to my tablet OR it gives power to the wifi adapter, but it doesn't seem to do both, can someone confirm or decline if WN722N or AWUS036NH works without the external power supply, because like i said, my OTG cable seem to be poopy.

If i insert the WN722N to tablet without power, the light DOES turn on, light also turns on on the AWUS036NH, however they don't show up in airmon. both show in lsusb, but not in airmon.

someone please help. i'd really like to get my nethunter project working. thanks
    Last edited by mordax; 2016-09-22 at 07:53. Reason: added info