Thread: Startup program in Kali

Startup program in Kali

Very basic question. I'm using latest Kali release running on a Hyper-v host. After login, an application is run which is fine. However logging out and logging in using the console (hyper-v) will result in a message saying the application is already started. The window in which the program run is however gone. Same behavior as when I logged in via the console, logout and login with an RDP session again.

What is the proper way to show that application box in all sessions?

Which application are you running? Are you logging in with the same user each way? If you start the app when logged in with the console, is it still there if you log out and log back in the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by Absolut_Ph View Post
    Which application are you running? Are you logging in with the same user each way? If you start the app when logged in with the console, is it still there if you log out and log back in the same way?
    Yes I log in with the same user. When I log out/in again, the app is still there running. I have added the app manually via the GUI in the applications to run @ startup. It's an VPN client of one of the VPN providers.