Thread: Problem with 2016.1

Problem with 2016.1

Hi, i have a problem with the rolling 2016.2, but i don't know where to begin, i install several times, when i install 2016.1 everything right, but when i install 2016.2 or upgrade to, i have this problem. I have deskttop, i can login, and with the mouse open a terminal and use kali, but i don't have menus of any type. Not all programas open from terminal, synaptic is giving me some error.
    So where i must start to debug this problem? first i think it was ati drivers but since i see i start to belive it's something with the gnome desktop.

I have an hp tx2500 with nothing except a clean kali installation upgrade to 2016.2.

Thsnks in advance for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by harry_arg View Post
    Hi, i have a problem with the rolling 2016.2, but i don't know where to begin, i install several times, when i install 2016.1 everything right, but when i install 2016.2 or upgrade to, i have this problem. I have deskttop, i can login, and with the mouse open a terminal and use kali, but i don't have menus of any type. Not all programas open from terminal, synaptic is giving me some error.
    So where i must start to debug this problem? first i think it was ati drivers but since i see i start to belive it's something with the gnome desktop.

I have an hp tx2500 with nothing except a clean kali installation upgrade to 2016.2.

Thsnks in advance for any advice.
    Sorry, but this post and request for help is useless, and will probably not end solving your issue. You have provided no backround information, no logs, no details, etc. Please read https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...A-Valid-Thread before making additional posts.

i would suggest download a new kali linux as the one you have on CD or USB is corrupt
    or maybe remove gnome and reinstall it

Perfect, i will get the logs. It's not corrupt i do the upgrade from both places, first installing from the dvd ant then from the ropositories, both with the same result.