Thread: nVidia GTX960 driver install success

nVidia GTX960 driver install success

Okay, this is not actually a help post, and it's not a bragging post, either. I am just so damned relieved that after 3 days of working on my Kali installation with my new PC, I finally got the nVidia GTX960 graphics card driver installed. I went through black screens and flashing screens and ended up re-installing Kali. In the process I discovered the usefulness of installing a backup program as well to save some of my customized configurations. :-( Finally, after 3 days of pure enjoyment (because I do enjoy these challenges), I have direct rendering and 3-D capabilities and, now, the ability to REALLY crack at a blistering speed using the GPU. I just wanted to share my joy and to say hello to the community again. :-) Later, peeps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by G3Cube View Post
    Okay, this is not actually a help post, and it's not a bragging post, either.
    Why don't you list some of the ways/methods you used to find solution to your hurdles with the 960 GTX so others can benefit? sort of the point of these forums is it not?
    Otherwise useless post.

True enough, so indeed I will try to point others in the right direction.

Step 1: Back up your important docs and other files and do a fresh install of Kali. I found this step to be the one that made everything work.

Step 2: Follow the directions as per http://docs.kali.org/general-use/ins...-on-kali-linux.