Hi,
I want to boot my laptop (Asus K501UX) off the USB with Kali.
Here is the specifications of the machine:
Processor: Intel Core i7-6500U 6th Gen
Wi-Fi: 802.11AC, Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
note: all the drivers are up-to-date.

I am using Kali 2 (the latest release) with 32GB USB 3.1

When I boot the system off USB as “Kali live” it loads without any problem or error however the wireless indicates as disabled. Simply the Wi-Fi doesn’t work.
The option for turning the Wi-Fi on (in Kali’s menu) is not working and the system shows no available networks. Basically the Wi-Fi is down and can’t detect any network. It states "Wi-Fi is disabled by hardware switch".

The laptop does not have a physical switch to turn the Wi-Fi on. The airplane mode is also off.

Now, if I close the lid of the laptop and open it again, Kali asks for the password for root user account.
After entering the password for root which is “toor” then the Wi-Fi is coming on.
I can search the networks and get connected. After getting connected, closing and opening the lid will not disconnect the Wi-Fi.
If I turn the Wi-Fi off from the OS (Kali menu) then again I am unable to turn it back on unless I close the lid, and again, open it and enter the password.

The question is why the Wireless card is not working after booting with Kali?
Why it works after closing and opening the lid with entering the password for root user?

It is annoying to boot the Kali and then in order to use the Wi-Fi take another step (closing the lid) in this case.

Additional information:
I add a second Wi-Fi card to the system using USB Wi-Fi "TP-LINK TL-WN722N" nothing changed, the system acts as described. So the Wi-Fi card should not be the problem.
The laptop has exact same issues with Ubuntu. So it is acting up with other distribution of Linux as well.
The laptop shows no issue with installed windows “windows 10, 64”.
I used the same bootable Kali USB and works fine with at least 3 other laptops. The Wi-Fi was available as soon as the system came up.
Any idea what is going on and what is the solution?

Thanks,