Thread: Kali Presistent-Live USB isn't presistent.

Angry Kali Presistent-Live USB isn't presistent.

Hello and already thanks for the help!

I've been trying around with Kali in the last few days and now decided to create a Live USB, so that I can be more flexible. So i looked up many tutorials on How To Do It and especially how to do it with presistence. I planned on using my "32 GB SanDisk Ultra USB Stick". I tried almost every possible combination of programs because non of the Tutorials have been working and i got really frustrated cause i spend the last 3 Days only figuring out how this finally would work.
    For "burning" the Iso I used: "Rufus", "Win32DiskImager" and the "dd" command on Linux.
    For Partion I used: "MiniTool Partion Wizard Free" and "gParted"
    I always first cleaned my USB Stick with Diskpart and then "burned" the Iso on it. Then I used One of the Partion Programs to re size the Partition with the System to 5GB, and created a second Partition with all the left over GBs and formatted it to "Ext3" or "Ext4" and labled it "presistence".
    I tried all the Programs and with all the different parameters and orders on 2 different Sticks, but now im exhausted cause i spend 3 Days to Figure this stuff out.
    I only get to the Point where I have the Partiton with the System Booting and the second one named "presistence" and the "presistence.conf (with / union in it)" on it.

I would really appreciate if someone would give me tips how i can make Kali recognize the second partiton and use it.

I will Include Pictures of my USB Stick right now at this stage it boots but doesn't keep files.

Have you only used gParted in Kali? I've had the best luck with the actual command line instructions that are available on the Kali website.
    (also, *persistence)

The following has been recently checked

Read thru the first link.

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...ket+persistent

If you do not have a linux operating system to work on your flash drive then read the link below

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...istent+windows

MTeams