Thread: Full SD Install for RPi3

Exclamation Full SD Install for RPi3

Hi,

I ran into some problems with a previous install of Kali ARM on a Raspberry Pi 3 (64GB card) where I ran out of space on root. FDisk did not show anything beyond a 60kb partition and the main 7gb partition.

I've decided to start over from scratch.

I now have a blank, formatted 64GB SD card and would like to install Kali ARM on it for use with the Raspberry Pi 3 in such a way as to allow me to use the FULL 64GB.

I have read other responses on the net to this question, but the answers all seem kind of shady. One answer claimed that the given solution destroyed his partition table. I thought I'd go to the source for help.

I have access to a laptop with a USB bootable linux drive (lubuntu and kali) if I need to use GParted to make this work. Right now I am using windows with Win32DiskImager.

Thank you.

When I setup my Pi 3 i used the prebuilt image not sure your doing the same. After putting the dd image on the sd card I just opened it up with gparted from my regular kali machine and extended it with gparted. It now uses all of the sd card