Thread: Strange behavior on loopback interface after upgrading

Strange behavior on loopback interface after upgrading

Hi everyone,

After googling without success i hope to find explanations on the subject here ;-))
    Here is the point. After upgrading my kali linux distro to version 4.7.0 i noticed a strange behavior on my loopback interface.
    After upgrading without any particular issues, i saw tcp traffic on the loopback interface using brlp protocol wich is Braille
    protocol on port 4101.In fact 127.0.0.1 talks to itself in a way you can observe looking at screen-shots.

I am not able to identify what causes this, is there anyone who has encountered this behavior before ? Screenshot1.jpgScreenshot2.jpg
    Is it something normal to have this kind of traffic on the loopback interface ?

Any ideas ???

Thanks

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Hi everyone,

After googling without success i hope to find explanations on the subject here ;-))
    Here is the point. After upgrading my kali linux distro to version 4.7.0 i noticed a strange behavior on my loopback interface.
    After upgrading without any particular issues, i saw tcp traffic on the loopback interface using brlp protocol wich is Braille
    protocol on port 4101.In fact 127.0.0.1 talks to itself in a way you can observe looking at screen-shots.

I am not able to identify what causes this, is there anyone who has encountered this behavior before ? Screenshot1.jpgScreenshot2.jpg
    Is it something normal to have this kind of traffic on the loopback interface ?

Any ideas ???

Thanks

Bill
    I noticed the same thing, so annoying!!! It is sending hundreds of probes a minute... still don't know what the issue is!