Thread: gpg: WARNING: unsafe permissions on homedir '/root/.gnupg'

gpg: WARNING: unsafe permissions on homedir '/root/.gnupg'

Hi

I am trying to create a custom Kali live-cd with a few extra packages, some of which are not in the kali repos or available as a deb. The one piece of software that is causing the the most problems is: FreeFileSync. I can use it in the virtualbox image by downloading and extracting FreeFileSync_8.6_Debian_8.6_64-bit.tar.gz (which comes from the official website) and by installing downloading and installing libpng12-0_1.2.50-2+deb8u2_amd64.deb (which comes from the debian repo, but is manually downloaded).

In order to have this program included in my custom live-cd I have done the following:

Code:
    wget http://*******.co.uk/freefilesync/FreeFileSync_8.6_Debian_8.6_64-bit.tar.gz
    wget http://*******.co.uk/freefilesync/freefilesync-extra-files.tar.gz
    tar zxvf FreeFileSync_8.6_Debian_8.6_64-bit.tar.gz

cd FreeFileSync
    mkdir -p /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/usr/bin
    mkdir -p /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/usr/share/doc/FreeFileSync
    mkdir -p /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/usr/share/FreeFileSync/Help
    mkdir -p /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/usr/share/FreeFileSync/Languages

cp -r -t /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/usr/share/doc/FreeFileSync/  ./CHANGELOG
    cp -r -t /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/usr/share/FreeFileSync/ ./Help
    cp -r -t /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/usr/share/doc/FreeFileSync/  ./LICENSE
    cp -r -t /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/usr/share/FreeFileSync/ ./ding.wav
    cp -r -t /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/usr/share/FreeFileSync/ ./gong.wav
    cp -r -t /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/usr/share/FreeFileSync/ ./Languages
    cp -r -t /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/usr/bin/ ./RealTimeSync
    cp -r -t /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/usr/bin/ ./FreeFileSync
    cp -r -t /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/usr/share/FreeFileSync/ ./harp.wav
    cp -r -t /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/usr/share/FreeFileSync/ ./Resources.zip

cd ..
    tar zxvf freefilesync-extra-files.tar.gz -C /root/live-build-config/kali-config/common/includes.chroot/ 
    rm -rf FreeFileSync
    rm -f FreeFileSync_8.6_Debian_8.6_64-bit.tar.gz freefilesync-extra-files.tar.gz
    and I have copied it's dependency (libpng12-0_1.2.50-2+deb8u2_amd64.deb) to config/packages.chroot.

when in run the build.sh file
    ex.
    Code:
    time ./build.sh --distribution kali-rolling --variant gnome.custom --verbose
    it fails with the following error:

Code:
    [2016-12-04 14:45:12] lb chroot_archives chroot install
    P: Configuring file /etc/apt/sources.list
    gpg: keybox '/root/.gnupg/pubring.kbx' created
    gpg: agent_genkey failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    gpg: key generation failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    gpg: no default secret key: No secret key
    gpg: signing failed: No secret key
    P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
    P: Saving caches...
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Build of kali-rolling/gnome.custom/amd64 live image failed (see build.log for details)
    Can anyone help?

I have managed to fix the error I was having. I am not sure what exactly caused the error or what exactly fixed the error, but the build script is now working.

I have done is comment out "debian-archive-keyring" from "kali.list.chroot" AND update all pending system updates.

Maybe one of the updated packages fixed the issue I was having with the build script and GPG/GNUPG.