Thread: Best long range wifi antenna?

Best long range wifi antenna?

I have the alfa awus 036h, 036nh, and 036nha. I also have the 9dBi booster antennas for them. However, I am looking something stronger. Either an antenna to attach to one of them or a completely different usb adapter with a long range antenna. Any sugguestions?

MTeams finds increasing the Operating range can be done by:

1. Placing the wifi device outside.
    2. The Antenna should be directly attached to the device - no sma cable
    3. A simple usb cable no longer then 5 meters should be used. Longer then 5 meters causes intermittent loss of wifi device.
    4. Protect the wifi device from the elements thru PVC pipe with the antenna on the outside of the pipe. PVC pipe has capped end fittings for various sizes.
    5. A short length of sma cable could be used between the device and the antenna.
    6. There are various wifi antenna solutions found on the internet or you can just use stock antennas. Others in these forums probably have good ideas here.

MTeams has run the AWUA036H in direct sunlight where the free air temperature in the afternoon was 48 degrees C and 100% humidity for years. These devices still function today.

The only failure from elements was caused by water corroding the device or usb cable.