Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kali doesn't detect hard disk for the insallation

You should choose Yes to force the installation in UEFI mode. Do you boot windows 10 in Legacy mode?

Are you sure? Doesn't it erase all my windows 10 files?
    No I'm booting in UEFI mode

It doesn't erase anything. It only gives warning that if you have any other operating system like Windows 10 and if it is booting in Legacy mode then you will face overhaead in booting the other OS which is in UEFI mode. It is because then you will have to keep on switching between Legacy and UEFI if one OS boots in Legacy and one boots in UEFI. The booting scheme of UEFI is different from Legacy BIOS and is more intelligent.

Windows 10 is known to boot only in UEFI mode and if you are following the same then you should force installation in UEFI else you will face that switching problem.

Ok so, if I force the the UEFI installation, it doesn't erase my windows 10 and like this I'll get a grub?

Quote Originally Posted by Cebres View Post
    Ok so, if I force the the UEFI installation, it doesn't erase my windows 10 and like this I'll get a grub?
    While writing this comment you should have already started it. Like i said earlier it doesn't erase anything. How would it erase anything when the partition you are choosing is different from the one in which is windows 10 is installed.

I tried it but it doesn't detect my hard disk. I've the same screen.

You know i've identified your problem. Your hard disk is not being mounted by the installer automatically. There was a command which i forgot which remounts your hard disk and then you can see list of partitions. But i don't remember that command. Hope grid and musket teams throw some light on this.

Ok, so concretely what do I have to do now?

Thank you I'll try it and tell you if I finally could install it.