Hello everybody (forgive me for my poor English)...

I'm a quite old Linux and, in particular, Debian user (now I'm running Stretch waiting for the stable release) but, I admit, I'm not a real "pentester"... I mainly use rescue live CDs to repair or recover PCs, restore or undelete data, check hardware health etc... (SysRescCD, Alt Linux Rescue, CAINE and Clonezilla are my usual tools). I would like to know more about the pentesting and net security issues, so I started to study Kali and some basic python and scripting elements (very, very basic! I can use the command line but I don't know anything about coding, so I had to start with "hello world!" on a book "for dummies"! )

But "rescue" is may main activity (and most people ask for help about trivial problems), and I noticed that Kali has dd_rescue but misses ddrescue... Ok, I installed it, not a problem! But I'm wondering what is the reason why developers didn't choose to include ddrescue by default which, in my humble opinion, is better that dd_rescue...

Thanks!

P.S. I hope my English is sufficiently correct to explain what I really want to say...