Thread: Trouble installing Kali from DVD-RW

Unhappy Trouble installing Kali from DVD-RW

Greetings. I am a new user and am having very annoying issues trying to install Kali from a DVD to my old Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop. Been at it for two days now and still can't find a decent tutorial.
    It loads all installer components from CD, I am able to set up the network, clock, etc.

I get through all the steps up until "Partition Disks" first begins.
    It does not retrieve "partman -lvm" when "loading additional components"
    followed by "There was a problem reading data from the CD-ROM. Please make sure it is in the drive. If retrying does not work, you should check the integrity of your CD-ROM"
    Retry: No (Because "yes" doesn't work)
    (I have also tried doing the integrity test)
    Next:
    "Retrieving partman -crypto"
    Same message as the last one. So I click No
    >>>
    Starting up partitioner
    Here are my steps:
    Guided - Use Entire Disk
    -Selected disk to partition(Only one because it's a laptop so I have one drive)
    -All files in one partition
    #1 Primary 311.5GB F ext4 (Ext4, Yes format, mount point: / , options: default, Label: none, reserved blocks 5% (default), standard usage, boot flag off,
    #5 logical 8.5gb F Swap - swap, (This one does not let me resize or delete)
    Finish partitioning and write changes to disk
    Write changes to disk, Yes,
    Partitions formatting,
    Installing the system,
    "(!) Cannot install base system , The installer cannot figure out how to install the base system. No installable CD-ROM was found and no valid mirror was configured"
    "(!) Installation step failed, An installation step failed. You can try to run the failing item again from the menu, or skip it and choose something else. The failing step is: Install the system"

I tried to be as detailed as I possibly could because I have absolutely no idea what in the **** to do. This is my first time trying to install linux, and I am using KALI for classes I will be taking.
    If someone can help me out in a timely manner I would greatly appreciate it.
    Sincerely,
    a linux n00b.

Installer is not being able to read from the disk properly. Maybe that could be an error. Try installing it from USB.

You might also try the disc in another machine...just to make sure the drive is not bad