Thread: RT3070 does not work in Airodump-ng but does in the same clone on another PC

Question RT3070 does not work in Airodump-ng but does in the same clone on another PC

Hi all,

I'm having a weird issue with the rolling release and an RT3070 that has always worked great. In the first VM, it works fine on my Ultrabook but on my Dell cloned VM (identical) it doesn't display any results at all. I need to be able to get this work on the Dell as it has an eth0 for airbase-ng and the Lenovo doesn't nor is supposed to be used anyway. Monitor mode is enabled and lsusb displays the following

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0e66:0017 Hawking Technologies HAWNU1 Hi-Gain Wireless-150N Network Adapter with Range Amplifier [Ralink RT3070]

So basically, the device works in one with same apt-get packages and repos one on PC and doesn't with the same VM on another. Any thoughts on why USB device would work with airodump-ng on one and not the other?

Thx BT

Can you show output of rflill list all?
    There is an option in VMware settings. You have to choose USB 3.0. I don't exactly know about this setting.