Thread: Kali live from USB crashing while loading files

Exclamation Trying to Kali live for 20hours ,crashing while loading files

Introduction:
    I tried to run kali from USB on my laptop, I clicked run from USB. At the kali menu -> Kali live.
    Then the system started to load things allot of Lines..
    Then an Error occurred "udev requires hotplug support not started. ... failed! failed!" and its continued to load things (its didnt get to the green [ok]-s)
    https://i.imgsafe.org/9574f7f57b.jpg

And then it's throw me to terminal tty1 and ask for login, I couldnt login..(I tried root-toor, and also root-root noting worked)
    "progress linux 1.9 localhost.localdomain tty1"
    https://i.imgsafe.org/9574d2822a.jpg

Necessary details:
    -Kali version kali-linux-2016.2-amd64
    -Kali installation USB-live
    -Specific hardware models you are having trouble with HP ay-101nj:
    *IntelĀ® Core™ i5-7200U Processor
    *8 GB ram - ddr4
    *SSD 256GB
    *AMD Radeon™ R5 M430
    *Bios InsydeH2O F.13
    *OS windows 10. The Laptop came with FreeDOS2.0 ( without the win-if it changes something.. )
    -Any visible error messages you are getting: "udev requires hotplug support not started. ...failed! failed!"
    -Checked the USB-live, Its work on other pc's. Checked the FILE with SHA1 - its fine.

I tried evreything.I checked google,stackoverflow,etc.. all(!!) for at least 20 hours.
    Every time with another "soloution" that didnt work.

I am also tried to mount Kali to DVD. I run it at the menu-> kali live. Its load allot of commands at the end of the loading(after the green ok's) and then its crash when moving to GUI i tried to go back to non-gui treminal(didnt work..) and then its freez on a black empty screen for allot of time. after a 10 min I shutdown the PC...

Its driving me CRAZY!!

SOLVED:
    I format the all hard disk and install again win10 but this time on UEFI..
    After that I conected a mounted Kali (rufus/win32 disk image-never mind) and intalled kali
    Last edited by omerb159; 2017-01-18 at 01:28.

Are you using kali-rolling?

Try another Kali iso. Try lite verison.
    How did you create boot usb?
    Did you proporely configure your BIOS?

Second solution, because you have fast computer is to install VB and run Kali under VB.
    Repetitio est mater studiorum

Quote Originally Posted by _defalt View Post
    Are you using kali-rolling?
    I am using the regular kali 2016.2 full version 64bit.

Quote Originally Posted by duxim View Post
    Try another Kali iso. Try lite verison.
    How did you create boot usb?
    Did you proporely configure your BIOS?

Second solution, because you have fast computer is to install VB and run Kali under VB.
    I created the USB using Rufus.
    I cofigure the bios proporely I think: Legacy boot is Enable(UEFI & Legacy boot) - I tried with Legacy boot disable(means just UEFI) and the Boot Manager didnt recognice anything even my SSD with the windows.
    I aware of the second solution write now I am using it but its have his cons...

I will try with win32 disk Img but I dont think that is the solution, but who know's..
    And after that also the light ver.

Edit:
    I tried the full version and "win32 disk IMG" its gave me the same error as always "udev requires hotplug support not started. ...failed! failed!".

So I tried the light version with the "win32 disk IMG", then kali menu apeared -> clicked Live, Its didnt get the error but its also didnt load grapics.
    Just stuck with a clean screen with a 'glinking' _ so I had to change to Terminal tty1 although I had a terminal with 'root access' without a grapichs..
    Last edited by omerb159; 2017-01-17 at 21:42.

Solved!Solved!
    The solution its at the msg!

Why people even enable Legacy BIOS for kali-linux? Kali-rolling can boot without enabling it. The moment you enable Legacy BIOS the root of problems start to grow.

Pre-installed or OEM Windows 10 works with UEFI which supports GPT partitioning system on which your Windows 10 is installed. BIOS doesn't support GPT so by enabling Legacy you are actually preventing windows 10 to boot. It should not be touched. Stick to UEFI, it is better. Lot of users commit this mistake.
    Last edited by _defalt; 2017-01-18 at 11:45.

Quote Originally Posted by omerb159 View Post
    Solved!Solved!
    The solution its at the msg!
    I have same problem. How you fixed it? What the "msg"? Please, write in detail!

SOLVED! Just install new 2017.1 kali on USB. Its working