Thread: The reality when you start using Linux .

The reality when you start using Linux .

I was on stackexchange posting a doubt and the guys there put my question on hold because they were not understanding my point , but the i decided to see the history of some users there , and i found one with a very cool avantar that describer the reality (for me) when you start using linux .

I have to agree that this is the most honest and realistic avantar for those that use Linux .

I could not stop laughing when i saw it the first time .

Hahaha..Yeah specially kali-linux. You try to solve the original problem which creates a new problem and then problem of a problem whose solution depends on the original problem to be fixed first.

yup , usually the final solution after trying to fix something that you already tried to fix before is a full OS reinstall , eheheheheh .

I gotta say though, it's been getting better continuously. Some very excellent choices for distros now.

thatz about it in a nutshell

welcome to penguin land

Linux is an extremely complicated OS , specially if you like to install tools outside the main repository of the OS .
    If you update you system and you like to work on a tool that never is updated , then you will have problem sooner or later if that tool requires some important library .
    Usually what happens is that the library is updated in the distribution , but your tool does not work anymore because it requires that specific library version .
    Then you like so much your tool that you decide to downgrade that library to program work again as before , but doing that will break all new recent apps in system that use the new library version .
    That Avatar could be pointed to this specific case , and the creator of Linux already spoke about it before in a debian conference , that one of the things for linux to get to the next level as an home desktop without issues is that specific problem .

Usually the distros to keep the OS lighter fck up all the rest .
    Last edited by maiki; 2017-01-23 at 13:05. Reason: Remove YouTube link