We've got a Kali box that we use sometimes as part of our risk assessments at work. Most of the team isn't familiar with the CLI, so quite sometime ago I setup xrdp tunneling through ssh. There was a couple of months that no one needed to use the Kali box but now it is needed again. The xrdp connection no longer works, though I'm not sure it is xrdp itself.

When connecting to the box, we get to the login prompt with the "xrdp Just connecting" logo. After putting in username/password and clicking ok, nothing appears to happen. For a minute or so, I can't even move the login window. After a short while I can move the login and try to login again.

While I didn't think it was related to the tunneling, I went into the /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini and commented out the address restriction.

I've removed and reinstalled xrdp, along with several other packages. At the console, everything looks good and my desktop environment comes up just fine. The only odd thing I can find is in the log file at /var/log/xrdp.ini
Code:
[20170119-09:59:10] [ERROR] g_tcp_connect: getaddrinfo() failed: Name or service not known
The /var/log/xrdp-sesman.log has a simliar line.
Code:
[20170119-09:37:15] [ERROR] g_tcp_socket: Address family not supported by protocol